SLAMDiabetes vision is a world where life for people with T1D (Type 1 diabetes) is safer, healthier, longer and ultimately freed from this lethal, life-changing autoimmune disease.
SLAMDiabetes mission is to improve the lives of children and adults living with T1D. There is currently no cure for T1D. The organization works to increase awareness, advance support, and raise funds for T1D camperships and education through active games and sports like the annual Summer Classic Wiffle ball tournament at Little Fenway.
SLAMDiabetes WIFFLE ball tournament helps:
- broaden T1D awareness and public involvement;
- accelerate and improve T1D education;
- connect the T1D community;
- raise funds for T1D programs and organizations;
- enable children with T1D to attend camps and participate in sports activities and programs;
- promote and support activities and sports programs for adults with T1D.